Sunday 16 December 2012

The Concept

So here's the idea, then.

I've resolved, mainly as an excuse to watch more films, that I should watch a movie from every year of the last hundred, from 1913 to 2013.  This, in a year or more or less.

I hadn't intended to review the films or anything like that, but decided I might as well put a few thoughts down on paper (since computers are made of paper) so that I have something to show for the whole thing.  Not reviews - or, at least that isn't the plan - but a few thoughts on why the film is interesting, or why you might like to see it, or why you might like to imagine it, but then not see it because what you imagined in enough.

Anyway, I like stories, I like the sort of obsessing that lets a person make a list of a hundred years and slowly attach a film or two to each of them, and find a delight in choosing appropriate screen-captures from each of the hundred or so films.  I don't have the century mapped out, so if you have a favourite film, or just a film you feel I ought to include in my adventures, by all means mention it in the comments and I might just give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment